With Wowza ClearCaster 22.214.171.124 and later we support browser-based titling and graphics overlays on your broadcasts to Facebook Live. We are most closely integrated with Vidpresso:LIVE, a graphics engine specifically designed for broadcasting to social media, but we also support other browser-based graphics applications as long as they output a URL. Simply configure your browser-based graphics tool and provide the URL to your Wowza ClearCaster.
Configure default titling and graphics for ClearCaster appliance
With Wowza ClearCaster 126.96.36.199 and later, you can configure default titling and graphics to be applied to all broadcasts associated with a Wowza ClearCaster appliance.
Note: You can override the default titling and graphics by configuring other titling and graphics for an individual broadcast.
To configure default titling and graphics, do the following:
1. Make sure that the ClearCaster device is turned on.
2. Sign in to Wowza ClearCaster Manager with your Wowza account, and then click Settings next to the name of the ClearCaster device you want to configure.
3. In the Settings dialog, under Titling and Graphics, select Vidpresso or Custom, and then enter the graphics application URL.
4. Click OK to apply your changes.
Configure titling and graphics for a broadcast
With Wowza ClearCaster 188.8.131.52 and later, you can configure titling and graphics for individual broadcasts. When configured, the broadcast titling and graphics will override any default titling and graphics.
Configure Vidpresso:Live titling and graphics
Vidpresso:Live is the recommended third-party tool for adding graphics overlays to your Wowza ClearCaster broadcasts for Facebook Live. In addition to titling and graphics, you can also incorporate comments and polls. Create a Vidpresso:LIVE stream, configure your graphics, and then add it to a Wowza ClearCaster broadcast.
Note that each 'stream' that you create in Vidpresso:LIVE is for use with a single broadcast. When the corresponding broadcast ends, the Vidpresso stream is automatically deleted.
3. Go to the Vidpresso:LIVE website and sign in.
4. In the Vidpresso:LIVE interface, do the following:
a. Click the Stream Setup tab in the panel on the right of the page.
Stream Title - Enter a descriptive title for your Vidpresso stream.
Stream Description - (Optional) Enter a description for your Vidpresso stream.
Origin - Select Wowza.
Click Authorize Streaming to configure permissions for Vidpresso:LIVE to be used with your Facebook Live posts.
(Optional) Select the Graphics Package you'd like to use to style your graphics.
(Optional) Select the aspect Ratio of your stream. This will help ensure that your graphics map appropriately to your video dimensions.
b. Click the Graphics tab in the panel on the right of the page.
To add a graphic, click the add icon (+).
Specify the style and location of the graphic you're adding. When using the default Newsy graphics package, the default style and location is Lower 3rd, but many other options are available.
Complete any additional fields required for your the selected style and location.
(Optional) Enter a descriptive Graphic Name.
Note: Your selection for style and location determines what, if any, other inputs are required.
c. (Optional) Use the Comments, Polls, Prompt, and Participants tabs in the right panel to configure additional overlays and options for the Vidpresso:LIVE stream.
d. Click the Stream Setup tab again, and copy the automatically-generated URL.
5. In Wowza ClearCaster Manager, click on the Broadcasts tab, find the broadcast to which you want to add the Vidpresso:LIVE graphics, and click Edit.
6. On the Broadcast Details page, click the More Options tab, under Titling and Graphics select Vidpresso, and then paste the Vidpresso:LIVE URL.
7. It may take a few seconds, but if a live video source is connected to the ClearCaster device, the graphics will be displayed in the broadcast preview window.
Configure a custom titling and graphics URL
To configure a broadcast to use other browser-based graphics applications that output a URL, do the following.
3. Configure your browser-based graphics application as desired, and then copy the output URL.
4. In Wowza ClearCaster Manager, click on the Broadcasts tab, find the broadcast to which you want to add the Vidpresso:LIVE graphics, and click Edit.
5. On the Broadcast Details page, click the More Options tab, under Titling and Graphics select Custom, and then paste the graphics application URL.
6. It may take a few seconds, but if a live video source is connected to the ClearCaster device, the graphics will be displayed in the broadcast preview window.